Saturday, October 25, 2008

Guns, Guns and More Guns!

Well, it is no surprise to anyone, but I like guns. We had the funnest Elders Quorum Activity EVER! We as a Presidency organized a turkey shoot (being in the presidency is great when you have input for an activity like this, surprisingly enough I didn't suggest the activity). Anyway, we shot 3 cases of trap and spent about 400 shotgun rounds and about 400 rounds of ancillary ammunition with my hand guns and other rifles we had up there. IT WAS GREAT!!! Everybody commented on how great it was and that we should do it again. I didn't win the turkey shoot though, I only hit 9 of my 10. I did get a nice 1 lb. roll of turkey sausage, yippe! While up there I tested myself to check my accuracy, and I shot a 3 inch cluster with the .45 shooting rapid fire, I hit bullzeye with the SKS at 200 ft., and was an inch off bullzeye with the .22 handgun at 150 ft. So all in all not a bad shooting day. I know that this doesn't interest anybody reading this except maybe my brothers and dad, but I had fun and wanted to write about it. I can't wait to go out again.

2 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

You need to teach us all to shoot. And the whole last part of your explanation went right over my head!

Mandos said...

Sounds like a good time. I'm glad it was a success!