Monday, May 21, 2012

Bella's baptism and birthday

Bella turned 8 years old April 13th.  We had a birthday party for her the day after.  I let her invite some girls from her school and church class.  We had a good turn out.  Only one person wasn't able to come.  Such a difference from last year.  She had a rock n' roll party.  Her cake is supposed to be a music note. 

We made paper plate tambourines, played freeze dance, Just dance on the Wii, and karaoke.  The girls had a lot of fun.  They were actually a pretty mild group.  But it was nice for Bella to be able to get to know some more girls better.  Thank You Marnie for all the fun ideas!

Bella was baptized May 5, 2012 in the Tooele North Stake.  It was a beautiful baptism.  We thought nobody would be able to come, but a lot of people were able to come celebrate with us.  The talks that were given were well done.  Especially one done by a 13yr old who bore strong testimony of the importance of baptism.  I was impressed.  Al gave Bella a beautiful blessing, unfortunately it was hard to hear what he was saying because the noise in the room was so loud.  Also people walking outside the room were being noisy.  So I couldn't hear much, but the spirit was still there. 



Grandma Ann took Bella to pick out her baptism dress.  Bella had so much fun trying on all the pretty dresses.  Unfortunately I don't have a full picture of her in her dress so we can see the whole thing.  I will take one next time she wears it so I can post it next time.  It really is beautiful!  Bella did a good job picking it out.  I didn't get much pictures of her baptism.  I'm not very good at making sure these things get done.  Next time I think I will assign someone to take pictures.  I'm always so busy getting things done or ready I don't feel I can stop to take pictures, or don't think of it.

2 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday to Bella. Congratulations on getting baptized, we are so proud of you!! What a great looking cake Monica, and we are so glad she had such a great turnout for her party.

ScoundrelLV said...

It looks like Bella had a great birthday party, and a nice baptism. I think that is one of the worst things about living so far. Missing all of the special events. I think you did pretty good to get any pictures. It is always hard as a mom to make that happen.