Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A little of this, a little of that. Part 2


At the end of March the kids had to leave their school at Entheos.  This is Sam and Ammon's classes just before we had to leave.  We were sad to leave and it was a hard thing for the kids to do.  We loved Entheos!  Their last day was a discovery recital.  I promised the kids that we would stay till then.  I don't have pictures because they didn't turn out.  Bella did dancing like a star, Ammon did improve comedy, and Sam's class wrote and put on a play.  I love the discovery program and it is what I and the kids will miss the most.  It was a sad day, and we miss the school.  The kids did o.k. adjusting to their new school.  It is actually a good school and some of them have already made new friends.  They end earlier, so that is a plus for my kids.

This is a candid picture I love, that Al took at our old ward house.  I want to print it and hang it.  To me it's like saying, "don't look back, just look forward to the future with faith.  You will have others there to help you".  Or, "families can be together for ever."  I love it, and am grateful Al thought to take out his phone and capture it.
Gideon is now walking and doing quite good at it now.  He started about 14mo.  Here is a video of him walking.
Here's my little sunflower.  Joshy was able to take a prekindergarten class they off for free here in Tooele.  It is a 6 week course that helps them get ready for kindergarten.  He is done now but it gave him something to look forward to.  This is something he made his first day. 

Our new garage door!  We were glad to get this finally as we were not able to open and shut our garage door.  The sad thing is that it would have been a lot cheaper had I not accidently run into it.  I thought I put the car in park, and I turned to look at the kids or something, and the van slowly ran into the garage.  I didn't even realize it was moving till I heard a loud crunch.  Oh Man!  I was soooo upset!  Oh well now it's fixed and it's so exciting to have a garage door that goes up and down with the touch of a button.  We have never had that our whole married life.  The little things we get excited over.

One last thing I would like to add is that Al and I just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.  There have been some ups and downs.  But over all it has been great!  I love you Al!  We have been blessed with 5 wonderful children, and we have always been taken care of by a loving Heavenly Father.  It hasn't been easy, at times we have really had to work at it, but that is what makes us grow and love each other even more.

2 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

I love that picture of your kids. What a wonderful shot. It is fun hearing about all that you are doing. I'm glad that the kids are starting to adjust to their new school. I know how much you loved their old one. Happy Anniversary to you and Al!

ScoundrelLV said...

It is so fun to see all of your pictures, and see how your family is doing. I agree that life is about the little things. Congrats on the garage door, and your anniversary. Running into your door sounds like something I would do. I can't believe it has been 14 yrs. Time flies when we're having fun, or just enduring sometimes.