Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Year, A New Job

Well it finally happened. The last day of the year and I get hired on the spot for a decent job. I am pretty excited to get started, but I will need to wait until the second full week of the hew year to do so. I am still being considered for a position with Edward Jones Financial, but this company jumped all over me as soon as the State Manager saw me. He couldn't contain himself he was so excited. As I filled out some paperwork he was pacing the room and he said, "and I haven't even told you that I plan on promoting you to a district manager within 3 months." He just kept saying that he believed God sent me to him and he never just hired somebody on the spot like that, but there was something about me that just made him excited and he didn't want me to leave without saying that I would be a part of his team. So I said give me the contract and I will join the company and go from there.

I will be working with PMA USA, which is the marketing arm for Conseco Life and Health. I am very familiar with their product line since I use to be appointed with Conseco a few years back. I will be going into existing accounts and doing presentations, and will be given the chance to greatly increase my earnings by opening new groups. Once I am a D.M. my income will increase and he will start hiring agent/producers and building my sales team which I will override.

I have taken a great deal of time to learn everything about the insurance and financial services industry and it showed to this gentleman and he is ready to as he put it "spoil me". So I'll start this job and see where it takes me.

I am very grateful that I was able to finish the year with a good job doing something that I at least am excited about.

I would just like to thank everyone for your prayers on our behalf.

4 comments:

Mandos said...

Woo Hoo! I'm soo Happy for you! This is such good news!

Amy and Mike said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news. We hope that you end up really enjoying this job and that everything works out. It sounds like the Lord is really watching out for you guys. It was good to see you a little on Christmas.

Marnie said...

Hurray for a job, and something you will be good at and hopefully enjoy!

Anonymous said...

How is conseco to work for? I just got hired by them and I am unsure if I can trust them.
Thanks
Tim
t_rushford@yahoo.com