Sunday, December 7, 2008

It Lives!

Well for the past 5 months my truck has been sitting in an inanimate state at my parents house because I didn't know what to do to fix it, and my dad told me that it would probably be about $1700-$2500 to fix it. Every time I see my truck I want to drive it, but it hasn't been possible. Not too long ago my dad was talking to an uncle of mine who is a diesel mechanic and he my dad that he would bet his reputation that it was a fuel injector pump. I sat on that information until just recently. I decided to give it a try and see if I could get my truck purring again, well that truck doesn't really purr it more like roars like a hungry lion. But you get the picture. Anyway, anybody who knows me knows that I am anything but a mechanic. It is one of those things that God has not really blessed me with the ability to do. This truck is determined to change that though. Changing out the fuel injector pump according to the research I did before I started was only supposed to take me 2 hours at the most. Well, it took me 2.5 days and then a little bit yesterday.

Nothing can compare to the feeling of hearing that monster come alive, and boy did it. It came roaring out of its deep sleep and everybody in my parents neighborhood heard it. My truck is back in operation and it felt sooooo good to drive it again. It might not be a pretty thing but it is mine. All my life I wanted a Ford F350 crew cab truck and I have mine back.

I only have one problem. Not only have I always wanted a F350, but my kryptonite when it comes to cars are classic Mustangs. I had a Mustang when I was in High School until my brother ruined the engine, and I have always told Monica that I would like a '60's Mustang. What does this have to do with my truck? Well my brother told me that he has a friend who wants to trade his 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby for an early '90's Ford truck. Aughhhh! What to do? Tempted to trade my dream truck for my dream car. Why couldn't that dilemma happen with a job?

Well any way for right now I am loving having my truck back parked in front of my home. We'll see how long it lasts.

2 comments:

Mandos said...

All right! Way to go Al!


I would probably take the mustang. but then again. What would I want a truck for??

Team Schiele said...

Trucks rule, even if they are Fords ;)