Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Temples

Monday my family was able to go to the Draper temple open house. My kids were so excited to finally be able to see the inside of a temple. They enjoyed it. Their favorite rooms were the ceiling room and celestial room. Even Joshua kept pointing to things and telling dad to look. He some how understood the importance of what he was seeing and kept his voice down to a whisper. All my children were reverent and respectful. It made Sam and Ammon excited for the day when they can go to the temple. They can't wait now for the Oquihr Mnt. Temple to be completed so they can go through that temple.

Tuesday Al and I were able to get the work done for 8 of our families names. We went twice, once in the morning and then again in the evening. It was our wards temple day so we had help from people in our ward to get those names done. I love being able to go to the temple. The spirit is always strong there. I also love doing the work for our ancestors who have passed on. It makes me feel connected to them. How grateful I am for temples!

1 comment:

Mandos said...

We went Tuesday. It was so beautiful!