Sunday, May 31, 2009

Temple Celebration

So last night was the Oquhhir Mountain Temple Celebration. About 6000 youth from the Oquhhir Mountain Temple district got together and performed at the Conference Center in celebration of our temple. The Youth have been practicing for about 3 mo. now, and it was AMAZING! The Choir and the dancers did such a good job. I was so proud of my little group of 6 girls that I was put as a captain over. They were at every practice and rehearsal, and worked so hard. They were so excited for the opportunity to perform at the conference center, and for the prophet. After words they said it was a great experience and it made them want to go to the temple. They were blanket girls in the Dug Out dance. I didn't get to see them because I was helping back stage, but it was fun to be with them when they came off stage, and run with them through out the conference center to get back in our seats. It was also fun knowing that Marnie was also a part of this experience. She choreographed the roller skating dance in the 50's number. Her girls were so cute and did such a good job. They even got an extra applause from the audience because they looked so cool.

I am glad that I got to be a part of this experience with the youth. This is the first time since 1892 that they have done anything like this in the Salt Lake Valley. And the first time that they have done anything this huge at the conference center. It was a lot of time and sacrifice, and I think Al is glad it's over, but it was worth it. I'm sure the youth will be talking about it for years to come. They can tell their children and grandchildren about the time they got to perform at the conference center for thousands upon thousands of people including the prophet and some of the apostles. The Center was full! The spirit was there and it was cool to see it all come together. I will always remember it. I just can't wait for the DVD to come so I can finally see how my girls did. I love the Temple! I'm grateful we could celebrate our temple in such an awesome way.

2 comments:

Mandos said...

I bet it was so neat to be able to be a part of this. I'm glad to hear that a dvd was made. I was not able to watch and am really interested in seeing it. You will have to let me know when you get it.

Marnie said...

Wasn't it an AMAZING night! I am also so glad I got to be a part of it. Do you know if the leaders get a DVD too?