Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ammon's Baptism






On June 27, 2009, Ammon followed the example set by Jesus Christ as was baptized by immersion expressing his desire to follow Jesus Christ and be a member of His true Church. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for giving me the opportunity and authority to officiate in this sacred ordinance for my son. I am very proud of Ammon for having chosen to be baptized. I am very impressed by his spirit and his understanding of things. He is an amazing young man.

The presence of the Spirit was felt very strongly by Monica and myself. I was moved to tears as the opening song was being sung as I began to think of the pride I had in my little son sitting there next to Monica dressed in white. He is growing up so fast. As I placed my hands upon his head to confirm him a member of the church and to convey the gift of the Holy Ghost I felt overwhelmed by the Spirit. I could feel the tremendous love of the Saviour for him.
It was nice to see the support from family there, and to spend time with family afterwards as we met at my parents home for our celebration party.

2 comments:

Mandos said...

It was a nice baptism. I'm glad that we were able to go and be apart of Ammon's big day! Thanks for inviting us!

Marnie said...

I am so sorry that we missed it, but so proud of Ammon! Congratulations!