Sunday, August 23, 2009

Coming full Circle

Things have come full circle for me today. I have been wearing this bracelet since March. It was given to everyone involved with the youth temple celebration. We got it at a youth fireside introducing the plans for the youth celebration. We were told to wear it everyday as a reminder to ourselves to go to the temple, or keep ourselves worthy to go. It is also a tool to let others know about the temple. It says, "Come Up To The Mountain".

So I have been faithfully wearing it, never taking it off, not even for showers for 5 months now. I was going to take it off after the youth celebration in May, but decided to keep it on till the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. I have been wearing it with pride, as I went to the temple, volunteered at the temple open house, and now today as I went to the temple dedication. It is actually hard to take it off. Kind of like taking off the missionary tag. It has been a constant reminder of the peace, love, and joy I have felt has I have had the opportunity to serve, and be a part of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Now I can't wait to go and serve in this beautiful temple.

4 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

What a great idea to make those wrist bands. It sounds like the saints in Utah and especially in the south salt lake valley have really seen the blessings of temples this year. I'm so glad you've had this wonderful experience.

Mandos said...

What a wonderful experience this has been for you. And for all involved.

Marnie said...

Wow, I am proud you wore it so long. I could never get in the habit of putting it back on every morning! This temple has been a huge blessing and I am glad you have been able to be so involved!

Mom in Orem said...

I even got to be involved a little when I moved to Marnie and Kory's. The temple is a place of joy!