Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Typically I would not be writing my own birthday blog, but I just got back from an awesome outing with my kids and Dad. Monica said that since it was my birthday I should go shooting. She tried to get a baby sitter, but was unable to, so she suggested that I ask my Dad and take the boys.

Sam, Ammon and Bella were all excited to go shooting with me. I guess that it didn't hurt that it meant not having to go to school. It was a beautiful day, I was afraid that it would be cold so I had everybody dress really warm, but it turned out to be a great day for some target shooting.

Samuel did as he always does. He is an amazing shot. He takes his time and places his shots on target.



Bella was a little hesitant at first. This was her second time going out and she still gets a little scared holding the gun, but once she got going she liked it.








Ammon, did good, he really likes the .22 handgun and shot that the most.

I had fun shooting and watching my kids enjoy something that I love to do. That was the best gift of the day, being able to spend time with Sam, Ammon, Bella and my Dad. Joshua really wanted to go, but he is too young right now to fully understand. He gets to participate in the safety lessons that we do for Family Night, but maybe next time he can go and shoot the BB gun.

Well I have to get older, I might as well get older doing something that I love, with those that I love, in my truck!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Ashlyn said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you guess had a great day!

Monica said...

Ohhh, You know I love you Al!

Amy and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Al. I'm glad you had such a great one.

Marnie said...

Sounds like a great day. Happy Late Birthday

Team Schiele said...

So sorry I couldnt take the kids- looks like it worked out for the best

ScoundrelLV said...

Happy belated Birthday. It looks like you had a great day. I do have to say it beats flying all day on an airplane.

Mom in Orem said...

I sat in my bed this morning thinking of those pictures of you and the children learning how to shoot guns. I couldn't help but think how important that skill may be as the last days become heated.Instead of giving me chills like you would expect, it gave me a sense of peace. My friend Carla told me of a prophecy that says that the Hispanic people will be the people who will protect and save Temple Square in the last days. I don't know how true that is but I do know that the saints from Mexico are strong and dedicated members. Sorry I wasn't able to wish you a happy birthday on your birthday. In February I was working before the sun came up and after the sun went down. Happy late b-day!