Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'ts Coming!


Typically at this time of the year I start feeling anxious. Ever since I was a kid, the start of February always meant one thing. Well, OK, two things. First, my birthday, but most importantly...three days after my birthday, baseball always started! That's right, baseball season is just around the corner. Spring training will be kicking in soon, and all those young prospects with big dreams of playing in the big leagues will be showing up for their chance at the big time.
I can't wait to see what this year brings to the game that I love so much. Who will win the World Series? Who will come out of the gate on fire and hold it steady for the entire season, and who will stumble and fall before they even get started? And most importantly when will my Oakland A's finally get it together and put together a team that will be able to compete with the big boys? We lost a pretty promising pitcher to the priesthood last month, who will step up and take his place? Will my A's be considered contenders for the Division Title, League Pennant, or dare I say it a World Championship? Oh so many unanswered questions, and so many possibilities I am shaking with excitement. OK, so I'm not actually shaking, but I am excited.

2 comments:

ScoundrelLV said...

I'm glad someone is excited for baseball. I am just glad Mark isn't into sports. But at least Al you are a one sport guy. Monica has to be thankful for that. Hope you enjoy.

Monica said...

Yep! I'm glad it's only one sport I have to watch. And since we don't have cable that's not even that often.