Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Family Affair


I just got back from spending a few hours downtown at the Family History Library going through over 2,000 names to see if what work needed to be done within the Temple. I was able to narrow the names list to a little over 100 of Monica's ancestors who are in need of their work to be done. I was thinking, here I have thousands of my personal family ancestors who need their work done and I am preparing the names of Monica's family. Then I thought everyone needs their work done regardless of whose family they belong to and Monica is my family therefore her family is my family. Now it will be quite some time before we go to the Temple and do Temple file names. Too much work to be done in our families. The work will roll on and I will continue to do my family history work and preparing names for Temple work.

I love this work, I get a kick out of it. There is something exhilarating about searching for a name of an ancestor and just when you are about to give up, BAM! there it is the information that you've looking for. And not only do you have the information that you were looking for but enough information to open the door for even more work. It's great, I highly recommend family history work for everyone. It seems to improve your outlook on life as you loose yourself in service to those who have passed on before.

2 comments:

Mandos said...

Thanks Al! I know that our family appreciates all you do!

Mom in Orem said...

I have the primary song going through my head right now. "Genealogy you are doing it, my genealogy."

Thank you for your goodness!