Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Toilet From HELL!!!


At the end of June I finished a remodel on a house which I was very excited about, at least I thought I'd finished it. When I went to put the toilet in place, it wouldn't fit. I measured the space and discovered that when I went off of the original wall the imbeciles that built the house didn't put the drain for the tiolet in the correct place. I had a wonderful idea, so I thought and I purchased a special order toilet online for about $470. I wasn't going to break up that floor and retile and the works. The toilet came and there was no flush valve, so I got online and ordered one, another $200. Well a month later it comes and I am ready to install, so I think. I go to the house and cut into the wall and redirect the drain to the back of the toilet and do some additional plumbing to install the flush valve. Well wouldn't you know it, the house didn't have sufficient water pressure to operate the valve. So guess what, I had to break the tiles and cut into the ground and fix the holes that I made to install the other toilet. But the journey is complete and I am done. The toilet from hell is installed and it works and I never want to see that house again. The moral of the story, always, always, always, check the work of others, if not you will find yourself doing a simple job over and over again. Additionally if anybody has a toilet to install, don't call me I've had it with toilets (just kidding if you would like help I will be more than happy to help, I'll just bring my tape measure).

2 comments:

Mandos said...

What a nightmare!!! glad it's done.

Mom in Orem said...

Did you make any money off of this job?

This is called Murphy's Law! He use to live with me. He must of moved to your house. If I were you I would move fast.