Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Little Bit of Family Fun

Yesterday we had a fun afternoon as a family. I noticed Monica was looking a little stressed so I suggested that we go pick up a pizza for dinner and eat it at the park. The weather was perfect for a picnic. We ate and let the kids play at the big playground located at the Veteran's Memorial Park (aka West Jordan Park). Joshua was in high heaven. He always wants to go out to play, but doesn't get too many opportunities. He had access to the entire playground and we just followed him around. They played for about 1 hour until Ammon got hurt and we had to leave. Joshua had the biggest fit because he wasn't ready to leave. We went home and watched a couple of movies. I love watching movies at home with the big screen and surround sound it is like watching them in the theater. The best part is that we don't miss anything because of the kids. Anyway Joshua spent most of the evening trying to get outside. Finally I let him see that it was dark outside so that maybe he would give up trying to get out. That didn't work he walked outside and wanted to play. I thought that I would scare him into wanting to come inside so I acted like I was shutting the door and he took off. He was determined to play outside. We really had an enjoyable time and I think Monica was feeling better by bedtime.

It is always great when we have the opportunity to spend time together. I am always grateful for those tender mercies granted by our Heavenly Father which allow us those moments.

5 comments:

Team Schiele said...

What a great husband and father! Keep up the good work.

Amy and Mike said...

Sounds like a party. Wish we would've been there. :) That is nice that you were able to have a nice night together as a family. I hope Ammon wasn't hurt too bad.

Mandos said...

Sounds like a perfect evening.

Marnie said...

Sounds fun. Sounds like Joshua is a persistant little kid.

Mom in Orem said...

I am glad you are sensitive to Monica's needs. It sounds like everyone benefited.