Monday, September 15, 2008

Time Out For Women

I recently had an awesome opportunity to go to Time Out for Women. It's like a retreat for women. Someone in my ward bought tickets and then wasn't able to go. She asked if I wanted to go, and of course I said yes. It was in Logan, so I carpooled with 3 other women in my ward, and we stayed at a hotel there. We left Friday afternoon, and came home Saturday afternoon. It was a fun getaway for me and opportunity to get to know some of the women in my ward better. I didn't really know any of them very well.

The talks were all inspirational. My favorite was by Mary Ellen Edmunds. She is so funny. She talked about being a peace maker. She got the point across, but I was laughing so hard I was crying. There were a lot of other good talks about finding joy in life. We also enjoyed a concert by Kenneth Cope and also Jenny Oaks Baker (an accomplished violinist). It was amazing! I felt so blessed to have this opportunity.

3 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

I over heard you talking about this last night.

Mary Ellen Edmunds is an old friend of Laraine Anderson. she said she was a real card way back when they were going to nursing school together. It is such an amazing talent to make people laugh and feel the Spirit at the same time.

I am so glad you had that opportunity.

Mandos said...

Sounds like fun! It would be nice to get away with just women every once in awhile.

Marnie said...

I am so glad you enjoyed this. I think it would be fun to do this as a sisters weekend one year. What do you think?