Monday, September 8, 2008

Well I guess we will join the crowd

Well, I never thought that I would end up putting a blog for my family on the internet. But here I am doing it. I really don't know what I will use it for, but whatever it is hopefully it will give people an idea of what is happening in our lives. I hope to get Monica involved in posting what is going on in our lives. Most people will get bored of hearing about us and will go away. We don't live exciting lives or really do anything. We normally sit around our home and wish we had the means to do something different.

Those who know me know that I am a dreamer, and I don't dream small. I am very politically minded and I let myself be heard. At one time I would surf the internet looking for articles about The Constitution and respond to them and to comments being made on them. I would get into some serious discussions with small minded people who had no idea what they were talking about and were revealing their ignorance at every turn. I really enjoyed that. I don't have as much free time as I then had, so I post articles about America on my other blog. I love my family, my God and my Country. I'd do anything for Monica and the kids.

Monica is the rock in the family. She wakes every morning and starts the day with exercise and then dives right in to motherhood. I am amazed at watching her do everything that she does for this family. She is my hero when it comes to maintaining a household. I tried it for a few days when she left for camp back in July and then again when she went to Trek. Believe me it was difficult and she does it day in and day out. She serves in her callings at church with such strength and dignity, she volunteers at the boy's school, she is going to start teaching as a part of a rotation for Bella's pre-school that her and a group of sisters from church are starting for the kids, she cooks, she cleans, she does laundry, does her visiting teaching, and everything else that I, the kids or the church asks her to do. She is AMAZING!!! She puts me to shame on a daily basis.

Our children are pretty amazing as well. I love to watch them grow and develop their talents. Samuel shares a lot of the same interests as I do. We love to go fishing together and shooting and play baseball and he likes to help me when I am working on a project in the garage. Ammon is his own person. He is very creative which I believe he gets from me. He can write stories and do art projects all day and just be in high heaven. Bella is quite the little princess, but always wants to go fishing when we go, although it doesn't last very long once she starts. She loves to play house and always wants her mom to play with her. Joshua is my mini-me. He likes to try and copy the things that I do and he loves baseball, or I should say loves to throw and hit the ball, any ball that he sees. He has quite the arm and can catch pretty good as well. He is into everything and he can drive his mom batty. All my children are so amazing to me. I watch their little spirits as they grow and develop their own understanding of things and I see so much light and knowledge in them that sometimes I sit in awe and wonder, wondering how I deserved them as my children.

Well we shall see how this blog progresses or doesn't. Like I said nothing much happens in our little household.

1 comment:

Mom in Orem said...

I love the music touch. Marnie has done that too.

I think it is really great that you have joined the Blogging world. These Blogs keep me company.

Thank you for your thoughtful and loving words about your family. You are a great bunch of human beings!