Monday, September 15, 2008

Pears, pears, and more pears

Thanks to Marnie and her friend I now have 14 bottles of pears. I went to Adriann's house today with Marnie to learn how to can pears. Someone in my ward gave me a box of pears yesterday. I was grateful for them, but had no clue on what to do with them. I found that it wasn't really that hard to can pears, but time consuming. Marnie also let me borrow her dehydrator. So for family night tonight my family peeled, cut and dehydrated pears. Bella thought it was such a fun night. Who knew. The boys also had fun. Maybe we'll have to make this a family tradition.

5 comments:

Mom in Orem said...

Wow! You have really dressed this blog up! And I can now comment! So today you put up pears, dried pears, and fixed your blog. What a wonder woman you are!

Mandos said...

How perfect was it that Marnie and her friend were doing pears right when you needed to do yours!

Amy and Mike said...

Yummy! I love canned pears. That's great that the kids enjoyed the experience as well. I'm glad we can comment on your blog now. We weren't just ignoring you guys.:) You're woman's outing sounded great as well.

Team Schiele said...

Thats so cool! Now you are going to want to can and dry everything... You may not feel that way today, but wait till february when you have those pears to eat. Yummy.

Marnie said...

It was so fun having you with us. Thanks for all your help! How did the dehydrator work?