Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Love October!

I can't believe the baseball season is drawing to a close and we are entering into the post season. I know I am the only one who really cares about this, but this is what I live for. This year baseball has been pretty crazy. We've seen Tampa Bay of all teams come from nowhere and kick some serious butt on the field. They've all but finished up clinching their division (one game away from eliminating the Boston Bo Sux's). Although my A's were eliminated more than 20 games ago it brings me much pleasure to see Boston beat out by the TB's. I am sitting here listening to the songs on my blog getting pumped for some post season play.

It looks like th AL will be playing a series featuring TB vs. LAA and CWS vs. Bos. Both should be worth watching, but I would have to say the Angels will win their series and it will be a death match between the two Sux's teams. If Boston makes it they are hoping that the Angels win their series because they have been owned by TB most of the season.

Now for the NL, who knows what will happen there. I don't think the Cubbies have the depth to go all the way. Once you make it to this point coming back from behind gets more difficult. The Dodgers have pretty much clinched since Arizona is 3.5 behind and they will be eliminated with 2 more losses. The Phillies and the Mets have been battling it out all season. At one time the Phillies were running away with the division, but obviously remembered that they were the Phillies and that they needed to start playing traditional Phillie baseball. My money is on the Mets (no particular love for them, but if I were to chose one they would be it). So the wildcard will go to Millwakee. We will see a series featuring the Cubbies and the Mets and another featuring the Dodgers and Millwakee. The Dodgers will win theirs because Torre wants to rub it in the face of Steinbrener. Between the Mets and Cubbies it is hard to say. I'll go with the Cubbies because I like their skipper. He should provide good comic relief when it gets tense.

Eventually the World Series will feature the Angels vs. Cubbies and the goat will live on. We'll see though. That is the beauty of fall ball, nobody knows what will happen. I am soooooo excited. LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!!!

5 comments:

Mandos said...

You kind of lost me there. I'm not sure who any of these teams are. But , I'm glad you are enjoying the series.

Amy and Mike said...

Well, I'd have to say that the Angels are the favorites coming in to the post season. They have pretty much been cruising, but you never know, they might be rusty. Who knows what will happen in the NL. Each team has major weaknesses. My bet is on the Phillies though, but we'll see. I can't believe the Brewers have fallen apart for the second straight year at the end of the season. Even with Sabathia being amazing.

Monica said...

Ohhh Al, Only you! I'm with manda. I'm lost.

Love you though!

Mom in Orem said...

You remind me of my brothers. They were avid baseball fans too when I was a little girl. They probably still are. I am just not around them anymore to hear them talk. they played a fair number of games in city leagues and church ball. Man, they would sit around my Mom's kitchen table and they would talk like your blog. They were all Yankee fans and the Dodgers were the underdogs. I would always root for the Dodgers, just because I felt sorry for them.

Marnie said...

Ugh Baseball! Al, you are as bad with baseball as Kory is with football. Poor Monica! j/k. Hope you enjoy the playoffs.